R105 RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF RESEARCH
The evolution of scientific progress has highlighted the need for ensuring credible, sound and robust scientific practices, in which ethical and responsible conduct of research (RCR) has acquired considerable global attention. In lieu with this, the Young Scientists Network – Academy of Sciences Malaysia (YSN-ASM) established the YSN-ASM RCR Programme in 2015 to promote a culture of research integrity amongst all researchers in Malaysia. The goal of this programme is to build a research ecosystem in Malaysia that emphasises on integrity and responsibility.
The Module of Responsible Conduct of Research will address 10 key topics concerning research and these topics are 1) research ethics and social responsibility, 2) research misconduct, 3) authorship and publication, 4) conflict of interest, 5) collaborative research, 6) mentor & mentee, 7) data management, 8) financial management, 9) peer review, and 10) dual-use research of concern.
This module will be conducted using the active learning pedagogy whereby case studies, team-based learning, peer-instruction, role-play, and etc. will be used to deliver the content of the module. This will ensure a comprehensive and holistic dialogue on research ethics coupled with robust interdisciplinary discourse on ethical reflexivity will be carried out.
At the end of the module, the participants will be able to:
1) describe the key principles of the 10 RCR topics
2) appreciate the values and impact of conducting research responsibly
3) identify the negative consequences of research misconduct and irresponsible conduct of research
4) identify the best practices, principles and guidelines on conducting research responsibly
This module is suitable for:
• Directors and Deputy Directors of Institutes of Higher Learning and Research Institutes
• Heads of academic departments and research institutes
• Researchers from Institutes of Higher Learning and Research Institutes
• Post-graduate students, science officers, research officers, and research assistants
The aim of this module is to assist academic administrators and educators in effectively developing entrepreneurship initiatives among higher education students in Malaysia. It is hoped that through this module, educators, trainers, mentors, leaders, academics and leading researchers will be able to nurture the students to become 'entrepreneurial graduates' and 'graduate entrepreneurs' who can play their roles in bringing sustainable growth and change in society.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
· Discover the contextual knowledge of entrepreneurship;
· Cultivate interest in entrepreneurship through teaching and learning;
· Develop an entrepreneurship ecosystem in institutions of higher education;
· Nurture entrepreneurial mindset among students pursuing higher education;
· Encourage student engagement in entrepreneurial activities in institutions of higher education;
· Foster self-employment as a viable career choice among graduates;
• Identify the critical dimensions of an entrepreneurial ecosystem that is supportive to the long-term development of entrepreneurship for higher educational institutions; and
• Chart the roadmap for an entrepreneurial ecosystem in higher educational institutions.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for:
· Leading Educators.